The current project: 90-day remake challenge!

The current project: 90-day remake challenge!
Trying to inhabit the body that's been there all along

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 9: June 16, 2009

Nothing too substantial to report today. I woke up early from a very aggressive smell. Sorry to call out my husband, but it was him. He smelled like sickness: mucous and sore throat. It was burning my nose so bad—and my sinuses, eyes, and forehead—that I couldn’t get back to sleep. I kept telling him to turn on his side away from me so that the smell wouldn’t be as pervasive. That only worked until he fell asleep and then rolled on his back or on his side facing me. I turned on the overhead fan. I opened two windows. My eyes were still watering. I kid you not; it was that menacing.

Finally, I heard Kaya waking up, so I called it a night and got out of bed. In retrospect, I should have just moved to the couch, but our bed is so comfy. When I went back in the bedroom an hour later, it smelled like a hospital, without the Clorox and medicine (only the germy sickness) so I opened up two more windows. I think I also must have let out an annoyed sigh because Jere finally woke up. He asked me what was wrong and I asked, “Are you sick or something? Cause you really smell like it.” He said, “Well, I have a sore throat and my nose is stuffed up.” I should have just left it at that, but I guess I was a little cranky from being woken up abruptly by my olfactory. I said, “Yeah, I could tell. You smell awful.” Jere said, “I’m sorry.” And then I felt bad. I explained to him that it wasn’t his fault but that this cleanse seems to really make your sense of smell more acute. I felt mean, so I quit the room and left the poor, sick, smelly man alone.

We got the payment for my new toys worked out, so my blender and dehydrator are currently en route. YAY!!! It’s so cool that you can do online tracking now, so that you know roughly where your items are at any given moment. It’s kind of neat to think of my little dehydrator on some truck coming up the New Jersey turnpike and my super-powered blender coming on its long trek east from Los Angeles. Oh, technology.

I had a good day today. It was beautiful outside, so Kaya and I spent some nice time out there. I love the sun and fresh air so, but I really have a problem with insects, especially those that buzz close to your head and then crawl around on various appendages. For the rest of the day, I had the creepy crawlies and kept on feeling invisible bugs crawling all over me, especially my scalp. Yes, I should probably be committed. It doesn’t help that we have an ant infestation (tiny food ants) in our living room. I set out 8 traps, but they are wily little guys and good climbers. They keep on crawling up the ottoman to try and get a sip of my lemonade. Maybe I should let them try it. A tiny sip might be the best pesticide there is. I even found one when I opened my laptop this morning. Now, how in the heck did he get in there? And what was he doing? Was he emailing all his friends to start a revolution, originating in my living room? I can imagine one tiny little ant dressed like Che Guevara. Hahahaha.

Well, I’m excited to have only one day left, and more specifically, one SWF left. I will probably do the cleanse again sometime—maybe once or twice a year, depending how icky I feel on the inside. But, the SWF will definitely be the biggest deterrent. They might want to try that at Guantanamo, instead of the water boarding.

Well, I’ll be off cause I’ve got books to read. . . I currently have four books that I am actively reading and several others that I am in the middle of, which are currently out of the rotation. One of the current four, “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society,” (which I highly recommend—a wonderful book) needs to be completed by Friday, as I have a book club meeting that night. I kinda like having deadlines and this blog to complete everyday. It almost feels like I’m back in school again (without the grades, which were my favorite part, actually. I’m such an affirmation whore).

Anyway, a good night to whoever is out there reading this, if anyone. Day 9, and feeling fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment